Thursday 9 August 2012

Rhubarb Cake

Rhubarb Cake

When it comes to rhubarb I always find the nearest exit. Not that I don`t like the final product but it is just out of my control. Any-ways when I went to my aunts house with mum, my aunt just gave me this with tea, now I couldn`t have said no because I did not wanted to offend her but I also did not want to have it either.But I gave it a try anyway just to make it look like I liked it but I am full that is why I can`t finish it. This easy desserts rhubarb cake recipe is not at all how I was thinking of it. I remembered how the wise usually say don`t judge a book by its cover and it is exactly the case in this easy desserts rhubarb cake pudding. Honestly if you don`t like rhubarb just for the sake of it give this recipe a try and you`ll know what I am talking about. Any ways let us know your thoughts about this rhubarb cake easy desserts recipe.
Ingredients:

  • 1 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 c. buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 c. rhubarb, diced
  • 1/2 c. walnuts
  • 2 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Directions:


  1. Combine egg, oil, baking powder, salt and sugar. 
  2. Add milk, vanilla, flour and rhubarb. 
  3. Stir good, put in 9 x 13 inch pan. 
  4. Take 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon melted butter and sprinkle over batter. 
  5. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Enjoy!







































Photo by ilovemypit

No comments:

Post a Comment